a day at home
a day of happiness
a day of cozy cookery
hippychick's butternut squash soup
* no moo-ilk or butt-ahhh in this one *
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 quart preserved peaches
- 1 cup raisins
- sea salt
- peel the butternut squash and chop into small-ish chunks.
- place squash into a large soup pot.
- add a dash of good sea salt.
- add just enough water to cover the squash.
- cook over medium high heat until squash is soft.
- remove from heat - do not drain.
- using a potato masher, carefully mash the squash in the pot.
- add peaches and raisins.
- and spices to your liking.
- place the pot over medium heat.
- keeps goods at a slow simmer stirring often until desired thickness is achieved.