airport - 2 side salads
- iceburg lettuce with one sad chunk of tomato and some fairly good cucumber
- i ditched the onions
- no dressing - rather a dash of salt and pepper
- i had to search these out but now that i know where to find them, i'm set for future.
on the plane
- unsalted cashews
- popcorn chips - try these!
- low sodim, low fat and fairly low cal
- seltzer water
- free - i love you jetblue!
in the city
- prefix dinner $28 - the fairway grocery - upper west side
- watercress/endive salad with roasted beets and local blue cheese
- again no dressing
- steamed spinach with garlic
- fire grilled salmon
- rustic apple tart
- love this - mostly sliced apples on a very thin tart like filo thing - most apples
- pot of green tree
- tea in the hotel room
- free tea bags and coffee maker in room
- dried organic prunes from fairway market
- don't judge me, keeping the universe in shape here
- take out from wholefoods
- baked organic tofu w/sesame seeds
- squid salad
- total $5.36
- super green juice from trader joes
- total $2.59
- lara jocolat bars
- have not cracked them open yet but ready when the need strikes
- $2.19 each
- organic dark chocolate bar
- gotta have it - wee bits munched at a time
exercise - a whole lot of walking
i've got plenty of goods between the bars and prunes to get me through the day. i may not partake in dinner this eve as i'll be part of an event that will provide munchies for the showing up.
don't get me wrong - there are many great restaurants here that are incredibly tempting - but i'm doing my best to watch my dollars and to watch what i eat. things are tight - my budget and my pants and i am working to make both feel a bit more free and easy as the days pass by. determination and control - stick with me now.
last bits sunday evening - dim sum
- ollies seaweed salad $3.95
- har kow (steamed shrimp dumpling) $3.95
could have been a lot worse - upon quick reflection - it might do me some good to track all out of town meals in this way as it keeps economy and choice at the forefront of the brain.
side note: even in the watching of what i eat i feel bloaty. i am sure it is the salt in the preparation of the foods and who knows what else. it could also be that i am not drinking nearly as much water as i do when at home and/or a combination there of.
regardless - home is near - the bag is packed - now i just have to make sure i make it to the curb for my most exciting 4:05am airport shuttle pick up - hooray! ahhhhhhh... not so much.