Monday, August 10, 2009

summer times

summer time slow food
shucking black eyed peas
honey spiced peaches in jars

on taking one's time with a task
i am not one to slow down all that often. boredom rarely stops in for a visit - boredom knows better. it is good sometimes to set a while and to takes one's time on a task - to allow the task slowness - to enjoy the moments quietly or while chatting with a friend - or while mindlessly humming a tune that comes out of you and the task at the time.

i've got a rocker - a beautiful handmade rocker - i ought to set in it more and rock and feel and allow time to tell or to forget about time altogether for a while

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i have poison ivy
i itch
i want to itch but i do not
so i rub lightly so as not to break open any soars
i want to itch but i do not
water heightens the wish the itch
heat heightens the wish to itch
running drives me up a wall - and spreads the damn stuff through sweat and glands - lucky me
so the training is currently on halt
i itch
my skin feels dry
i have poison ivy
on my hands - on my arms - on my neck - on my chin - on my legs - on my belly - on my face
suspect i got it from the cat
love the cat
hate the ivy
i itch
i want to itch but i do not
note to self
keep your hands away from your eyes

- - - - - - - - - - - -

baked a corn bread today
fresh corn inside
fresh peaches on top

keeper



1 comment:

Vickie's Michigan Garden (my backyard) said...

I'm sorry about the poison ivy hope it didn't last long-
but I just have to comment on your tablecloth it's so pretty.
vickie